Skip to main content

A trip to Jogs Falls

Jogs falls, as we all know, is the biggest plunge waterfall in India. Recently, I came across a news on the falls, describing its profound beauty in monsoon. That was when I made up my mind to refrain from laziness and go for this trip. I luckily got the tickets for the only train from Bangalore to Sagara. I boarded the train on the night of Aug 17th and reached Sagara in the morning. Jogs falls is like 30 kms from Sagara. I gotta say that the one hour bus trip thru the Karnataka greenery, sitting by the window side was something to cherish; especially when because it was drizzling outside as well. Yea, typical monsoon vibes ! Once I reached the Jog, I was mesmerized by the enormity and vehemence of the falls. The beautiful sharavati river was flowing angrily under drizzles, feeding the Jog falls. With the help of a local guide I was able to visit all view points of the falls.Truly a giant wild beauty. The water was brimming into an abyss of 250 meters hitting the rock bottom, producing intense shower and soothing noise. The rain, mist and the shower off the rocks were hiding the falls most of the time. This is my perfect shot, that took a couple of hours off my day to capture. Totally worth the wait though.


Comments